The FA Community Shield match made lots of fans get the feel of the commencement of the new Premier League season in England.
Liverpool had lots of Chances in the early stages of the encounter but could not convert them. Manchester City on the other had those chances too but could not make a good use of them.
Here are the five Observations between Liverpool and Manchester City FA Community Shield Clash at the Wembley Stadium
1. Liverpool where too open at the back at the early stages of the encounter. The reds made it easier for Manchester City to penetrate their defence line and that proved to be the major blow which led to City’s first goal.
2. Mohamed Salah was too undecisive. Mohamed Sallah performed excellently more especially in the first Half when he made three turns to lay the ball upfront.
3. Sadio Mane’s abesence proved to be a major blow for Liverpool when it comes to attacks and Counter Attacks made by Liverpool. The midfielders could not connect properly and Mohamed Salah had no proper link up partner upfront.
4. Sterling Was Impressive and Undecisive. Raheem Sterling gave away lots of chances that came the way of Manchester City despite making himself one of the brightest Manchester City players on the day.
5. Manchester City moved out of options in the second half. The Cityzens just could no longer decide on their final balls in the second.
Match Result: Liverpool 1-1 Manchester City — Regular Time (Liv 4-5 City On Penalties)