How times flies that we are already in the new Premier League season after the exciting feeling we had last season from Manchester City drama with Liverpool to Wolverhampton Wanderers fairy tale run beating the big boys.
The Premier League 2019/20 season commenced from Friday August 9 and will come to an end on Sunday, 17th May 2020.
Manchester city where crowned Champions of the 2018/19 Premier League season, however the 2019/20 Premier League season promises to be a surprise for everyone.
Top title contenders
- Liverpool FC: Had a great season but expecting more
- Manchester City FC: Won the league title last season but still have hunger for more.
- Tottenham Hotspur FC: Always in the near miss circle, but coach and players up for another challenge.
- Manchester United FC: Always in the rebuilding process for the past few seasons but geared up for better days ahead with a youthful squad.
- Arsenal FC: Bought lots of promising players ready to light of their day
About the 2019-20 Premier League Season in England
The 2019/20 season is the 28th season of the English top flight since its inception in 1992 with Manchester City FC the defending Champions of the league after they successfully won it back to back
Introduction and changes in the new season
- For the first time in the history of Premier League Football in England, VAR was introduced to help referees make better decisions with aid of team of referee monitoring every single action on a TV screen directly from the pitch
What is VAR: An Assistant referee who reviews decisions made by the head referee on the football pitch (Wikipedia)
- For the first time a mid season break is introduced whereby five fixtures will be moved to the weekend of February 15 2020.
- From the season, the three year bumpa TV deal commences which will see over eight matches televised on Saturday evenings from 19:45 PM
- Amazon enter the UK Football industry with Amazon Prime video televising Premier League matches
Manchester City finished with just a point above runners up Liverpool who at some point at the top of the summit before loosing out to the eventual champions Manchester City
The three newly promoted clubs in the Premier League 2019/20
- Aston Villa
- Norwich City FC
- Sheffield United
- Looking at the preparations made by most clubs in the English elite division, fans should be prepared to see a proper showdown.
- The 2018/19 Premier League was fiercely contested between Liverpool and Manchester city although Manchester united, Tottenham, Arsenal where also there at some point in time.
- The 2019/20 season promises to be a banger for everyone whether you reside in Europe, Asia, Africa, North/South America or even Oceania.
Start Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019
End Date: Sun, 17 May 2020
As for the 2019/20 Premier League season; here are the teams and more information about the teams.
- Nickname(s): The Cherries, Boscombe
- Short Name: AFCB
- Ground: Dean Court
- Location: Bournemouth, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 14
- Club Website: AFC Bournemouth Website
- Manager: Eddie Howe
AFC Bournemouth are regulars when it come’s to the Premier League. AFC finished 14th on the log. The team is known for their surprises whenever they come up against the big boys in league.
They are not small boys or considered as a minor team as they can spring up surprises on a very good day.
Among Premier League’s most youthful teams current present.
The Cherries where beaten 5-2 by Crystal Palace on the final day last season. The team had an impressive 2019/20 season, however they could not finish at the top half of the Premier League Table.
Arsenal Football Club.
- Nickname(s): The Gunners
- Short Name: ARS
- Ground: Emirates Stadium
- Location: London Borough of Islington, London, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 5
- Club Website: Arsenal FC Website
- Manager: Unai Emery
Arsenal Football Club made it a priority to grab the top four position on the league table during Arsene Wenger’s reign at the club. However in the last two previous seasons, Arsenal have failed to qualify for the UEFA Champions League.
They came close to the top in three occasions last season but ended the season in 5th position.
Arsenal defeated Burnley 3-1 to secure a Europa League spot and the season on a high.
- Nickname(s): Villans, The Villa, The Lions, The Claret & Blue Army
- Short Name: AVFC
- Ground: Villa Park
- Position 2018/19: 5th in EFL Championship
- Location: Aston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Club Website: Aston Villa Club Website
- Manager: Dean Smith
Aston Villa FC where Relegated back to the EFL Championship two seasons back after a disappointing performance. With the pedigree of the club, there relegation to the EFL Championship was a big disappointment to Premier League fans.
Moving down below, Aston Villa made good buys including loaning Chelsea’s shinning light Tammy Abraham who came on to create a big impact towards to quest for promotion back to the Premier League.
Aston Villa got promoted to the Premier League via the promotion playoffs after finishing 5th on the log.
Aston Vila defeated Derby 2-1 in the final playoffs match at Wembley Stadium
Aston Villa is among the three newly promoted teams from the EFL Championship to the Premier League.
Brighton & Hove Albion FC
- Nickname(s): The Seagulls, Albion
- Short Name: BHA
- Ground: Falmer Stadium
- Location: Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 17th
- Club Website: Brighton & Hove Albion Official Website
- Manager: Graham Potter
At the start of the 2018/19 Premier League season, Brighton where among the top teams in the Premier League table.
But they slipped up and failed to win matches. Prior to the end of the season, Mark Hughes was sacked and replaced with Graham Potter who guided the team to avoid the drop.
Brighton are expected to make amends when the new seasons starts.
The club’s player rating is above average and in some cases they rely on individual brilliance to get out of tight situations
- Nickname(s): The Clarets
- Short Name: BFC
- Ground: Turf Moor
- Location: Burnley, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 15
- Club Website: Burnley FC Official Website
- Manager: Sean Dyche
Burnley FC is profession football club known for its surprise showing whenever they come up against the big sides in the Premier League.
Burnley have managed to stay on the English elite division which includes a one term appearance in the UEFA Europa League
Burnley FC can be compared to the likes of West Ham united and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Burnley finished below expectation last season compared to their performance few seasons ago when they got promoted to elite division.
Burnley finished 15th with 40 points accrued from Premier League 38 matches.
- Nickname(s): The Blues, The Pensioners
- Short Name: CFC, CHE
- Ground: Stamford Bridge
- Location: Chelsea, London, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 3rd
- Club Website: Chelsea FC Official Website
- Summary on Chelsea
- Manager: Frank Lampard
Chelsea had an impressive 2018/19 campaign which includes finishing in the top four which gave them a place in the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League.
Chelsea won the 2019-20 Europa League by London neighbours 4-1 in the final at BAKU City in Azerbaijan with Olivier Giroud scoring a brace for the blues.
Chelsea however lost its manager to Italian Serie A side Juventus which was based on agreement between the two clubs to let the manager leave for the Italian side.
Chelsea also lost another important player in Eden Hazard who was sold to Real Madrid for a record fee of 140.
Eden Hazard have since found it hard to hit the ground running at Real Madrid.
it was a shock to everyone that during his unveiling at the Bernabeau, Real Madrid’s home stadium the fans were chanting for PSG Attacker Kylian Mbappe.
- Nickname(s): The Eagles, The Glaziers
- Short Name: CRY
- Ground: Selhurst Park
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 12
- Club Website: Crystal Palace Official Website
- Summary on Crystal Palace
- Manager: Roy Hodgson
Crystal Palace produced some surprising results during the 2018/19 Premier League, accruing impressive results against the big six teams in the Premier League.
It was unfortunate Crystal Palace could not finish at the top half on the of the league or even a Europa League spot.
The club always had issues whenever they are up against average teams teams in the League.
With a star player in Wilfried Zaha, Palace was a team to watch out for during EPL match days last season.
Zaha was was at some point linked with a move away from Crystal Pa;ace.
The 2019/20 awaits Crystal Palace, as they hope to make amends when the league kicks off.
Premier League Matches Comes Up Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Monday Nights and Sometimes during Midweek. Follow Them Live Here.
- Nickname(s): The Toffees, The Blues
- Short Name: EVE
- Ground: Goodison Park</strong>
- Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 8
- Club Website: Everton FC Official Website
- Summary on Everton
- Manager: Marco Silva
Everton have a pedigree in the Premier League, although the team have struggled to finish within the top four, they’ve had course to smile with some Europa League appearance within the last few seasons.
Everton is among the Premier top under rated club.
they can surprise you on a very good day. The Club however is low on his spending’s and they’ve managed average players for some time now
Although not really a bad showing last season, Everton was a lively team in the division, picking up draws in the Merseyside derby.
No European football this season for Everton this season.
MERSEYSIDE DERBY: Top clash between Everton and Liverpool
Everton will hope for a better season when with some player additions into their fold ahead of the new season
Leicester city Football Club
- Nickname(s): The Foxes
- Short Name: LEI
- Ground: King Power Stadium
- Location: Leicester, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 9
- Club Website: Leicester Ciy FC Official Website
- Summary on Leicester City FC
- Manager: Brendan Rodgers
It was mixed season for the Foxes followed by impressive results against Manchester city, Chelsea and the likes, however the team could not break down teams that are on the same pedestal with them.
Such a big problem for them last season
Leicester City surprisingly won the Premier League followed by a Quarter Final finish the following season in the UEFA Champions League.
With change in the managerial system, Leicester City FC are expected to outperform there previous performance last season with further improvement in all overall club performance.
Liverpool Football Club
- Nickname(s): The Reds
- Short Name: LFC
- Ground: Anfield
- Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 2nd
- Club Website: Liverpool FC Official Website
- Liverpool Football Club Summary
- Manager: Jürgen Klopp
Liverpool Football Club had a successful campaign last season winning the UEFA Champions League title after loosing the previous final to Spanish side Real Madrid.
Liverpool overcame a 3-0 deficit at Camp Nou in Spain to change the tie around to their favour at Anfield, scoring four goals past Barcelona to advance to the final even with the absence of star man Mohamed Sallah.
Liverpool fought till the end, but could not get the Premier League title from Manchester city who came from 7 points down to lead the league.
Liverpool however are focused on the title after they succumbed to Manchester City authority in the league. The reds host to Norwich city on Friday night. FT: LIVERPOOL 4-1 NORWICH CITY
Manchester City Football Club
- Nickname(s): Citizens, Sky Blues, City
- Short Name: MCI, Man City
- Ground: Etihad Stadium
- Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 1st – Champions
- Club Website: Manchester City Official Website
- Summary on Manchester City Football Club
- Manager: Pep Guardiola
The Cityzens need no introduction in England and the world over, as they are the defending Champions of the English Premier League becoming one of the teams in the Premier League era to win the tittle back-to-back despite a stiff competition from Liverpool.
The blue side of Manchester made a target of the getting the Premier League, FA Cup and the UEFA Champions League, but succeeded in getting the FA Cup and the Premier League title.
- Manchester City have an array of players from different parts of the world.
- Manchester City is among the teams with best sets of players in the world currently.
Managed by Pep Guardiola, the cityzens are hoping for another interesting football season in the English Premier League from August 9, 2019.
See Manchester City Complete 2019-20 EPL Fixtures/schedule
Catch all the Goals, player news, reviews and more from the Premier League on Interesting Football Premier League Page
Manchester United Football Club
- Nickname(s): The Red Devils
- Short Name: Man United, MAN, MAN U
- Ground: Old Trafford
- Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 6th
- Club Website: Manchester United FC Official Website
- Summary on Manchester United
- Manager: Ole Gunnar Solskjær
The red devils what they are popularly known as got a rescue coach in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer who delivered them from the deepest trenches of the Premier League to top half.
The red side of Manchester saw a dwindling form on their overall performance at the start of the season which led to major adjustments in the managerial positions by the club’s board of directors.
Manchester United failed to grab a top four finish and had to settle for fifth place. Manchester United play in the 2019/20 Europa League.
The performance this season hasn’t been been convincing yet, but there’s still hope for further improvement because the league season is still fresh.
Some Manchester United fans are not happy because they had to settle for Thursday night football in Europe while their counterparts are enjoying the most prestigious Club Cup competition on Tuesdays and and Wednesday nights.
- Nickname(s): The Magpies
- Short Name: NUFC
- Ground: St James’ Park
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 13
- Club Website: Newcastle United Football Club Official Website
- Manager: Steve Bruce
It was indeed a season full of mixed reactions feelings concerning the ownership of the football club. But despite that lingering problem, the players kept on producing fine results in key matches like beating Manchester City 2-1 at St. James Park.
With the ownership still intact, The Magpies are hoping for great season.
But maybe not great as we hoped for, The magpies are experiencing difficult times at this point in the season.
Norwich City Football Club
- Nickname(s): The Canaries, Yellows
- Short Name: NOR
- Ground: Carrow Road
- Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 1st – EFL Championship Winner >>> Promoted to the 2019/20 Premier League.
- Club Website: Norwich City Football Club Official Website
- Summary on Norwich City FC
- Manager: Daniel Farke
The canaries took everyone by surprise as they rose from fifth to top of the table in the EFL Championship, dislodging Leeds united after the spy gate incident had caused mishap in the club at Leeds United.
Norwich won the 2018/19 EFL Championship season thus earning the right to play in the Premier League.
Norwich City began their campaign for the 2019/20 season against Liverpool at Anfield. FT: LIVERPOOL 4-1 NORWICH CITY (Temu Pukki with the only goal)
- Nickname(s): The Blades
- Short Name: SHU
- Ground: Bramall Lane
- Location: Sheffield, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 2nd – Promoted to the Premier League after finishing second in the 2018/19 EFL Championship.
- Club Website: Sheffield United Football Club Official Website
- Summary on Sheffield United
- Manager: Chris Wilder
Not much to say about the club, however they are not just here in the Premier League to make the numbers, but also to make an impact.
Sheffield United grabbed the second automatic qualification slot. The team are among the three teams promoted to the Premier League for the 2019/20 Season.
Unique and unique, the blades got up to a fine start to the new season
Southampton Football Club
- Nickname(s): The Saints
- Short Name: SOT
- Ground: St Mary’s Stadium
- Location: Southampton, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 16
- Club Website: Southampton Football Club Official Website
- Summary on Southampton Football Club
- Manager: Ralph Hasenhüttl
Southampton have managed to stay at the top for some seasons now, despite having one of the best youth setup, the club have yet to translate their success in youth setup in the main team.
Southampton struggled in the relegation waters before escaping the drop by whiskers last season after Ralph Hassenhutll took over the club.
Southampton need changes if they are to compete effective this season.
A good start the new season, but not convincing as we are seeing the same old Saints
- Nickname(s): The Lilywhites
- Short Name: TOT, Spurs
- Ground: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- Location: Tottenham, London, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 4th
- Club Website: Tottenham Hotspur Official Website
- Summary on Tottenham Hotspur
- Manager: Mauricio Pochettino
Tottenham Hotspur are an incredible side in the Premier League, surpassing their performance every single season. Tottenham where close to winning the title the previous campaign and coming close last season.
It was a success for the Club after they completed their new stadium. Currently no name has been given to it, but it is referred to as Tottenham Stadium
Tottenham had a successful campaign in the UEFA Champions League but eventually lost in the final to fellow English side Liverpool FC
As some key players make move try to make move elsewhere, Pochettino will have to re-position the side.
He however did such, but Spurs have found it hard to settle this season. Some new entrants includes Ndombele from Olympique Lyon in France.
- Nickname(s): The Hornets
- Short Name: WFC, WAT
- Ground: Vicarage Road
- Location: Watford, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 11
- Club Website: Watford FC Official Website
- Watford season in Summary
- Manager: Quique Sánchez Flores
Indeed the Honets had an average successful season, qualifying FOR THE 2018-19 English FA Cup Final to face Manchester city which they eventually lost to Manchester city.
Watford FC struggled a little bit at the start of the season as their strikers where unable to score goes, thus making Watford win less in the early stages of season.
that same thing is happening to Watford this season, inability to score goals have become a major problem for them
Watford is the first in the 2019-20 season to change A manager due to poor strings of results
19. West Ham United
- Nickname(s): The Hammers
- Short Name: WHU
- Ground: London Stadium
- Location: Stratford, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 10
- Club Website: West Ham United FC Official Website
- Summary on West Ham United
- Manager: Manuel Pellegrini
The Hammers are among the giant killers in the Premier League. They have a custom of getting great results against the big sides but accrue poor results against smaller sides.
West Ham United had an average performance last season. Managed by Manual Pellegrini, the former Manchester city boss was able to co-ordinate the team well.
Pellegrini still has a full season to turn things around for West Ham. His job was under threat some time last season.
This season so far is great for them, but still not convincing enough
20. Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Nickname(s): Wolves, The Wanderers
- Short Name: WLV
- Ground: Molineux Stadium
- Location: Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
- Position 2018/19: 7
- Club Website: Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) Official Websit
- Summary on Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Manager: Nuno Espírito Santo
Did i hear you say Wolves? Yeah Wolves.. They are an incredible side that have managed to establish some sort of reputation in the Premier League from the day the got promoted.
Arguably, Wolves had one of the best performance last season, recording big wins against Tottenham back in December 2018, knocked off Liverpool in the FA Cup.
Wolves where a successful team last season. Their form last season added fear to big sides whenever they come against them.
The 2019/20 Premier League season is another avenue for the Wolves to further improve on themselves. But what are we seeing as things stand?
They are struggling to beat the mark, players and fans still not able to lead the club to its original status. There’s time for improvement though.
For More News Please Visit Our Homepage